Saturday 21 June 2014

A normal day of eats

I love to eat. It's no secret to anyone I know, that I am ruled by my stomach, in fact if we are going out for any extended period of time my husband Matt insists I bring a snack in fear of my hungry grumpiness.

I also like to feel healthy and vibrant and know that I am giving my body the fuel it needs. Don't get me wrong I love lollies and chocolate as much as the next person, but if I eat those kinds of food too often my stomach punishes me for it. 

I don't have a perfect diet, but I try to keep it balanced. I'm going to start experimenting with different foods to try and find some yummy healthy recipes that are easy and cheap so stay tuned for that.

In the mean time, for those starting out clean eating, here is a typical day of eating for me. I don't eat these exact foods every day, but this is the general gist of it. There are days I eat more, and days I eat less. I will post some more days eating plans as time goes on, as well as my exercise routines. 

Breakfast: Instant coffee with cows milk, no sugar
               2 weet bix with a big dollop of Chobani greek yoghurt and milk

Morning tea: apple ( I normally only have morning tea if I have an early breakfast like 7am. Otherwise I just wait till lunch )

Lunch: Salad - baby spinach, cucumber, capsicum, grated carrot, 2 tbls (approx) brown rice, small tin of John West flavoured tuna and South West Avocado and Cottage Cheese Dressing


This was a bit of a smaller salad than normal as I wasn't that hungry today

Afternoon tea: Instant coffee with milk and no sugar and Clean Choc Chip Cookie 



Dinner: I was feeling a little like some comfort food tonight so I made Sausage Ragu with Sweet Potato. Sausages aren't exactly clean, but these ones are good ones.

After dinner: Cup of tea with milk and no sugar and one of my Clean Choc Chip Cookie. I made a batch today so they were just too tempting!

Exercise: I try to exercise regularly, and I enjoy it, but sometimes life gets in the way. Today I did this Exercise Video which took 15 minutes and then a slow 10 minute jog. 

No comments:

Post a Comment